What is Garden Fair?
- A Rockford Tradition for nearly two decades
- The largest outdoor garden market place for this region
- The place to find plants, tools, art and garden related items which enhance outdoor living
- A fundraiser for Klehm’s gardens, arboretum and programs
- Above all, though, it’s a place for people who make Northern Illinois beautiful: volunteers and gardeners.
Klehm’s biggest volunteer project of the year:
Garden Fair is only possible due to the efforts of over 100 loyal volunteers. They are the friendly faces as you enter, and the golf cart drivers who offer a ride after a long day of lunching and shopping with friends. They are the heart of Garden Fair, and the heart of our community. These volunteers don’t stop with one event; you’ll see them at Klehm working in the gardens and all over the giving time to non-profit organizations and community projects. When you speak with them, you’ll. For these special people volunteering has become a way of life and we are honored to work with them.
Gardeners are naturally “green”:
Gardening and caring for outdoors spaces are both part of being environmentally responsible. That’s why Klehm is delighted that over 5,000 visitors will come to Garden Fair because they are gardeners. These loyal shoppers enhance the region with green-space, locally grown produce and beautiful gardens for all to enjoy.